Who are we?
Germania Academy is a charitable and non-profit organization, where most of the work for the association is done voluntarily in self-government.
Our organization is managed according to the principles of profitability, market orientation, employee participation, common goal orientation, professionalism and efficiency.
The funds needed to maintain and develop the infrastructure and to run the language courses are generated from participant contributions and donations. We adhere to principles of financial balance and transparency, compliance with these principles is our responsibility.
- Facilitator of linguistic, cultural and social competences
- Promotion of people with different educational backgrounds
- Support in finding one’s way in everyday life with the help of the German language – regardless of origin, age, gender and level of education.
- Education as the key to freedom, equal opportunities and social participation; it enables communication and freedom of action
What do we offer?
Special emphasis is placed on language support in German as a foreign or second language, on intercultural communication and qualification for the training and labor market.
- Language course: acquisition of the language and communicative competence
- Orientation course: teaching of the basic political order of Germany as well as historical and regional studies content
- High quality and good service
Who are our customers?
We are open to all people who would like to learn German with us. In particular, we address people who move between different cultures for private or professional reasons, as well as job seekers and people with a migration background who want to improve their German language skills in order to have a better chance in professional life. Our offer is also suitable for people who want to prepare for the beginning of a retraining, apprenticeship or internship and want to acquire a good language competence (German).
We work for public and private institutions, government agencies, companies, universities and the Hamburg Employment Agency (preparing job seekers linguistically for the labor market, placement through education/activation voucher).
What are our goals?
The goal of the program is the linguistic, social and professional integration of the participants. We offer a differentiated, multifaceted program with varied and efficient knowledge and practice transfer, which is oriented to the interests, needs and possibilities of the participants.
We create an open, creative learning and working atmosphere in our friendly rooms with modern equipment, where learning and working is fun, gender equality is promoted and intercultural exchange takes place. Learning success is measured by the achievement of the specified learning objectives and the passing of officially recognized final examinations.
- Promotion of linguistic and social competencies of migrants
- Contribution to social integration
- Promoting motivation to learn
- Building a learning environment where everyone is welcome
- Covering different needs and interests of our participants with the help of target group-specific course offerings
- Establishment in Hamburg
- Cooperation with various partners
- Continuous assurance and further development of the quality of our work
- Enabling people to find their way in the German labor market and increasing their own chances of placement
What values guide our actions?
We stand for cordiality, employee friendliness and appreciation in our dealings with one another.
Quality awareness, reliability, seriousness, integrity and transparency are indispensable components of our work.
Openness to the world and tolerance guide our actions.
- Orientation towards the free and democratic basic order of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Respect for the faith of each individual
- Discrimination reduction
- Strengthening the individual
- Help for self-help
- Respect for cultural diversity
- Qualified and competent work in a trusting, family-friendly atmosphere
What are our skills/resources?
- The most important resources of Germania Akademie Hamburg are the participants of the language courses and events, who bring their creativity and their cultural ideas to us and make it a place of encounter, exchange and mutual support.
- Our qualified, customer-oriented and dedicated staff
- Our teachers
- Our supporters and sponsors
- Our attractive, very accessible classrooms
What do we mean by successful learning?
At the end of the course, our participants are convinced that the German course they attended has enriched them and taken them a step further on their personal path. They are motivated to continue attending courses with us and to recommend us to others, because they know that they will be well looked after by us and in accordance with their own wishes and needs, which will support their own development process in the best possible way. They are able to apply what they have learned in social and professional settings. They can communicate more effectively in German and have the cultural background information they need to do so.
The learners should have the opportunity for a self-confident and creative use of the language and experience that the acquisition of the German language enables them to discover the social, political and cultural reality of German society.
In addition to language skills that can be directly applied in everyday life, learners also acquire knowledge and learning strategies to be able to solve problems independently and continue learning. Through shared learning, in which everyone participates and in which there is room for the experiences and perceptions of the learners, they build their social and intercultural competencies in addition to their linguistic ones.
- Acquisition of sufficient linguistic competences and socially relevant knowledge according to the individual performance potential
- Independent application of knowledge in everyday situations
- Use of acquired knowledge for social and professional integration
- Pleasant, open and motivating learning environment as a prerequisite
- Motivation of the participants for learning and further education
- Strengthening confidence in one’s own abilities