For detailed information on current entry regulations and any visa requirements that may apply, please contact the German Foreign Office:
Visas for entering Germany (Foreign Office)

Please contact the German embassy, consulate or similar representative of the Federal Republic of Germany in your home country at least 12 weeks before travelling to obtain information on any necessary visas for entering or staying in Germany:
Addresses of German government offices abroad

Please note that it is not possible to extend a residence permit in Germany if you enter Germany as a tourist (without a visa) or with a Schengen visa. If you are planning an extended stay, you must apply for a visa for Germany. (Simplified visa regulations apply only to a limited number of countries, Andorra, Australien, Honduras, Island, Israel, Japan, Kanada, der Republik Korea, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Neuseeland, Norwegen, San Marino, der Schweiz und der USA) If you wish to study in Germany after completing your language course, please indicate this intention in your visa application.

For a visa application you will need (among other things):
• the final confirmation from the Germania Akademie Hamburg that you have paid for your course in full (this confirmation is equivalent to the “Invitation” required by the embassy)
• confirmation that you have taken out health insurance and accident insurance valid in Germany.

Health insurance

Does your health insurer provide you with adequate coverage for your stay in Germany? (For example: blue insurance card issued for EU states.)
If your health insurance is not valid in Germany, then we advise you to take out health coverage for the duration of your course at the Germania Akademie Hamburg.

On the basis of good experience we recommend the company that has been the insurance partner of the Germania Akademie Hamburg for many years: Klemmer International Versicherungsmakler GmbH.